Monday, January 16, 2012

Words with Wire

Words are powerful and really striking graphic elements. I saw this tutorial for making words with wire on Family Chic. Camilla wraps her words with yarn, which gives so many options for color and texture.

I have a bunch of old hangers lying around and I'd love to play with the natural metal as well {instead of wrapping with yarn}; maybe even check out some scripty fonts and see if I could mimic a cool font rather than freehand the script. Maybe I could even attach these to a large canvas and do an entire saying? We'll see what happens. Until then, it's on my list!

{source}
Here are a few sayings I'd like to try out:
  • Love
  • Cherish
  • Family
  • It is what it is
  • Every little thing is gonna be alright
Pop on over to the Family Chic blog for the full tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments! They help inspire me to keep creating and sharing on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...