Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter pillows

To celebrate Easter, I made a few bunny pillows yesterday.

This was a really simple project and only took a few minutes to complete.









First, I found this bunny silhouette from The Graphics Fairy {here}.  The image was from an old typography book. The original image was in black in white, so I went into Photoshop elements, lassoed the black image and swapped out the color with some spring colors.  I also enlarged the image so it was just about 11 inches wide.

Next, print out the image on transparent t-shirt transfer paper with your ink jet printer.  I did several versions of the bunny ---- black, pink, purple, & turquoise.



Cut the bunny out {leave about 1/8" margin, anything else will not blend as nicely in to the pillow} and position on your fabric.



Follow the transfer instructions and press the image down.  Once the transfer has cooled down, pull up the paper backing to reveal your image.



Next I stuffed my pillow cover and voila!  Here is one of my new bunny pillows!



Thanks for stopping by today!

I'm linking this one up:





2 comments:

  1. No posts in a long time. Hope all is well, I look forward to more of your posts. I am still drooling over those gel transfer coasters you made in Nov. I hope you will get some time to post a tutorial and some collages :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously LOVE-LOVE-LOVE your blog...hope to see future projects and inspirations from Repurpose Universe. More please!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments! They help inspire me to keep creating and sharing on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...